Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Story 故事 - Sodagreen 蘇打綠

A chinese song talks about story in life from young memory to old memory. What's your story? The lyrics is like a poet.  There is the way we talk nowadays and also the classic vocabulary in the literature. 

Story - Sodagreen      translated by Micheal Lau

The autumn wind, pushes open the door;
In front of the steps, the autumn waves press up against me.

The cacao trees, they blow against the yellow smoke and rain;
The flying geese, streak apart the endless dazzling sky. 

My life mission, not fully comprehended, I still have some desires,
To run toward the ends of the peach blossoms,
A small boat, a wisp of smoke, lost the oars, but no regrets,
Free to let the rivers carry me away.

Free to let the rivers carry me away.

I sing, I write, I hide,I seek,
This long story has not yet ended;
I love, I hate, I cry, I laugh,
Life is but a dream, how much do the fallen leaves know?

Living, stems of hair and stems of suffering;
Floats by, ephemeral like a mayfly.

The song ends, the fire not yet extinguished, the moon carries the dew away,
Worry not if your clothes have gotten wet;
No one in sight, at the green peaks, body is light,
The falling blossoms, make me forget whether the road is near or far.

Waking, there is no wind, no rain and no sun;
Sleeping, I have already forgotten words and forgotten myself.

Sodagreen' s introduction on wiki: Sodagreen 
Sodagreen' s FB Page: 蘇打綠 Sodagreen
Sodagreen' s music on itunes: Sodagreen

*The chinese is written in traditional chinese characters.

故事 Story - 蘇打綠 Sodagreen

秋風,推開緊閉的門扉;
qiū fēng , tuī kāi jǐn bì de mén fēi ; 
The autumn wind, pushes open the door; 階前,秋水孟浪逼上眼。
jiē qián , qiū shuǐ mèng làng bī shàng yǎn 。
In front of the steps, the autumn waves press up against me. 梧桐,吹亂漫身黃雨煙;
wú tóng , chuī luàn màn shēn huáng yǔ yān ;
The cacao trees, they blow against the yellow smoke and rain; 歸雁,揉碎無邊豔陽天。
guī yàn , róu suì wú biān yàn yáng tiān 。
The flying geese, streak apart the endless dazzling sky.  浮生願,不曾解,我還有,一些念,
fú shēng yuàn , bù zēng jiě , wǒ hái yǒu , yī xiē niàn ,
My life mission, not fully comprehended, I still have some desires, 向桃花的盡頭追;
xiàng táo huā de jìn tóu zhuī ;
To run toward the ends of the peach blossoms, 一葉舟,一蓑煙,丟了槳,也無悔,
yī yè zhōu , yī suō yān , diū liǎo jiǎng , yě wú huǐ ,
A small boat, a wisp of smoke, lost the oars, but no regrets, 任江水漂流我飛。
rén jiāng shuǐ piāo liú wǒ fēi 
Free to let the rivers carry me away. 我唱,我寫,我藏,我找,
wǒ chàng , wǒ xiě , wǒ cáng , wǒ zhǎo ,
I sing, I write, I hide, I seek, 這綿延的故事還未了;
zhè mián yán de gù shì hái wèi liǎo 
 This long story has not yet ended; 我愛,我恨,我哭,我笑,
wǒ ài , wǒ hèn , wǒ kū , wǒ xiào , 
I love, I hate, I cry, I laugh, 人生一場大夢,葉落知多少?
rén shēng yī chǎng dà mèng , yè luò zhī duō shǎo ?
Life is but a dream, how much do the fallen leaves know? 生活,幾莖頭髮幾莖愁;
shēng huó , jǐ jīng tóu fà jǐ jīng chóu ;
Living, stems of hair and stems of suffering; 飄過,恰似天地一蜉蝣。
piāo guò , qià sì tiān dì yī fú yóu 。
Floats by, ephemeral like a mayfly. 曲終了,燈未盡,月積水,帶露去,
qū zhōng liǎo , dēng wèi jìn , yuè jī shuǐ , dài lù qù , 
The song ends, the fire not yet extinguished, the moon carries the dew away, 衣袖沾溼不要緊;
yī xiù zhān shī bù yào jǐn 
Worry not if your clothes have gotten wet; 人不見,數峰青,東籬下,一身輕,
rén bù jiàn , shù fēng qīng , dōng lí xià , yī shēn qīng
No one in sight, at the green peaks, body is light, 繽紛落英,忘了路遠近。
bīn fēn luò yīng , wàng liǎo lù yuǎn jìn 。 
The falling blossoms, make me forget whether the road is near or far. 醒來,也無風雨也無晴;
xǐng lái , yě wú fēng yǔ yě wú qíng 
Waking, there is no wind, no rain and no sun; 睡去,已忘言語已忘我。
shuì qù , yǐ wàng yán yǔ yǐ wàng wǒ
 Sleeping, I have already forgotten words and forgotten myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment